YDL 3.0 Install on 7600

George Katele yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Mar 17 08:29:01 2004

On or about, no, wait, at exactly 9:25 AM -0600 3/17/04, Clinton
MacDonald typed these words:

>Hmmm... Do you have a new (say, Mac OS 9.0 or later) version of the
>Apple Drive Setup utility (mine from OS 9.2.2 says it is version
>2.1)? Newer versions of the utility will recognize a much greater
>range of hard drives.
>
>If you are unable to find one, I can supply you with a copy of mine
>(though I don't know whether it would work with an earlier version
>of the Mac OS).
>
>Good luck!

I'm running OS 9.1, and that version of disc utility will not see
that drive ("can't initialize a non supported drive). I'm not sure of
which version of disc utility it is, however. I'll see if I can pull
a copy of disc util off my 9.2 upgrade disc.

BTW: You can't update an 8500 (and I assume 7600) to 9.2. You're stuck at 9.1.
--
"I really liked it. Even the music was good." -  Yogi Berra, after

gkatele@interaccess.com