New version of YDL? (possibly OT)

yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Mar 18 09:44:54 2004

>> The current version is a little long in the tooth.
>
> A little?!  I'm probably just gonna give up on YDL and use Debian.  Every
> time
> YDL releases a new version, everyone gets sooo excited (including me).
> Then
> for the next 6 or 8 months there's nothing but silence from terrasoft.

That is the point, actually i am doing the migration from yellowdog 3.0 to
Debian (testing/unstable) and i have some problems to execute X fine, but
the apt-get its an amazing tool. Solve dependences and keep your system
update.

> Meanwhile they've hosed apt-get and insist that you use yum instead (which
> doesn't work on my system for some reason) -- so that means that upgrading
> packages is just about impossible... --- helloooo Debian!

I hava the same problem, but i detected this when i update python and
others tools.

Where i live (Mexico) a lot of people its migrating from yellowdog to Debian.

Cheers.

Jorge Mauricio Hernandez Torres