Moving a partition

David Chart yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Mar 20 00:15:02 2004

I want to move YDL from one partition on my PowerBook to another. (Well,
from two to another two, actually.) I need to make more space for all
the pictures I have in iPhoto and the music in iTunes...

Anyway, ideally I want to clone all the files, permissions and
modification dates intact, from / (excluding /home) to a partition
mounted under /mnt, and then do the same for /home. The idea is that
I'll have exactly my current set-up on the new partitions, and it will
work just as well as before...

I know I'll need to fix yaboot and fstab; is there anything else that
uses the partition numbers rather than the file path?

Thanks in advance.
David
--
David Chart