Mac OS X

bruno yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Mar 20 03:35:03 2004

--- yellowdog@schertell.com wrote:
> On Saturday 20 March 2004 15:35, Jim Ricken wrote:
> > yellowdog@schertell.com wrote:
> > >Personally, I actually PREFER to work in KDE3.2
> rather than OSX.  KDE3.2
> > > with the new Plastik theme is IMO every bit as
> beautiful as Aqua and
> > > about 10 gazillion times faster.

i've been switching between ydl and os X a couple of
times the last 6 months (running it on a 12" G4 PB) i
loved the openess of linux, the spirit, the tinkering,
"the real world :-)" but got very annoyed with my
airport extreme not being supported, sleep not
working, and the vga out also out of order;

so i switched back to os X permanently, but then
discovered fink, a package that you can install on os
X like any other program, that allows you to very
easily install other linux stuff and free software,
you can apt-get your soft, install xfree86, gimp,
xchat, and also kde 3.1 works; fink is one way to
really use the unix base of your os X machine;

dunno if a lot of people here knew this (suppose you
do, but i don't see a lot of talk about it here)..

/bruno