Partition Question

Steve Ward yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Mar 20 10:12:01 2004

I want to install YDLinux on a previous partitioned 60GB IDE drive, but I
have an approximate 10GB HFS partition that I want to slice up into the
appropriate Linux partitions that I require. Can I use pdisk to edit the
partition map or do I have to reformat in order to do this?
I have seen conflicting comments on different message boards; some say pdisk
is non-destructive and others say it is but this also seems to be bases on
the particular situation being described.
Please clarify this for me if you can and if you have any suggestions on the
best partition sizes that would be helpful too.
I want to set up an apache webserver maybe even running cocoon and mySQL
database, PHP, the usual suspects.

thx
Steve