Partition Question

David Chart yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Mar 20 15:59:01 2004

On Fri, 2004-03-19 at 17:51, Steve Ward wrote:
> I want to install YDLinux on a previous partitioned 60GB IDE drive, but I
> have an approximate 10GB HFS partition that I want to slice up into the
> appropriate Linux partitions that I require. Can I use pdisk to edit the
> partition map or do I have to reformat in order to do this?

I've done this, or versions of it, numerous times, and as long as you
are careful not to mess with the other partitions by mistyping numbers
it works just fine. (It's how I made the partitions I'm planning to move
YDL to, for example, and OS X still works fine with no data loss.)

I'm afraid I can't help with sizes, though.

--
David Chart
http://www.dchart.demon.co.uk/