[Off topic] Re: Mac OS X

Justin Mack yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Mar 21 21:49:00 2004

I also don't understand what is so bad or restrictive about the OS X
license.  Dr. MacDonald is right--nobody else makes OS X compatible
CPU's, so what's the fuss?  Further, why would you want to run OS X on
any other CPU since OS X has been so specifically optimized and tuned
for the CPU's running current Apple hardware?  As far as Darwin goes,
yeah, it might not be the biggest and baddest flavor of Unix around,
but at least it is Unix, which, by the way, has been a big draw for a
lot of people to switch to Apple hardware--it is the first Unix powered
laptop.  Licenses are a necessary evil these days and, unless a license
is particularly restrictive, invasive, or demands your soul, just live
with 'em.

--Justin--