G3 Cache Enable

Edward Smith yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Mar 21 23:37:01 2004

--B_3162746208_2300792

How do you enable the G3 cache?

I have used the cache grabber program and have set the g3 cache checkbox in
BootX.

But the machine is still sluggish...

I have checked at /proc/cpuinfo to see if it is enable and it is not.

I have done dmeg | grep L2Cr and it says that it is disabled...

What should I do?

What are the exact steps to take?

This is something that should be really basic...

Ed

--B_3162746208_2300792

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>G3 Cache Enable</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Courier"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:12.0px'>How do you enable the G=
3 cache?<BR>
<BR>
I have used the cache grabber program and have set the g3 cache checkbox in=
 BootX.<BR>
<BR>
But the machine is still sluggish...<BR>
<BR>
I have checked at </SPAN><FONT SIZE=3D"4"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:13.0px'>/pro=
c/cpuinfo to see if it is enable and it is not.<BR>
<BR>
I have done dmeg | grep L2Cr and it says that it is disabled...<BR>
<BR>
What should I do?<BR>
<BR>
What are the exact steps to take?<BR>
<BR>
This is something that should be really basic...<BR>
<BR>
Ed</SPAN></FONT><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:12.0px'><BR>
</SPAN></FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--B_3162746208_2300792--