LVM Question.

Donald L. Gover yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Mar 22 08:07:01 2004

I have tried to set up LVM and have run into a snag. After executing a
pvcreate and a vgcreate I tried to execute a vgdisplay and it returns the
following error:

vgdisplay /dev/sdd
vgdisplay -- ERROR: VGDA in kernel and lvmtab are NOT consistent; please
run vgscan

Then when I try to execute a vgscan I get the following:

# vgscan
vgscan -- reading all physical volumes (this may take a while...)
vgscan -- found active volume group "dlgvg"
Segmentation fault

Also if I try to delete the volume group I get the error:

 vgremove dlgvg
vgremove -- ERROR: VGDA in kernel and lvmtab are NOT consistent; please
run vgscan

After I receive this error every command I execute results in the VGDA In
kernel error. Has anyone experanced this and can anyone tell me how to
delete the volume group so I can start this over?

  Donald L. Gover