gentoo

Larry Autry yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Mar 22 22:32:01 2004

Norberto Quintanar wrote:
> Gentoo, IMNSHO, is best if you've had a distro or two under your belt =
and
> you've got a good internet connection! And especially on an OldWorld,=20
> you're in for some frustrating times. You've basically got to score >8 =
on
> the geek scale, >9 on the frustration resistance scale and you'll need =
a=20
> fridge full of highly caffeinated cola capsules.
It only took a glance at the Gentoo install doc to help me decide not to
install Gentoo. The document does not read like an install guide as does =
the
YDL install doc. It reads more like a reference book than a how-to.  If =
need a reference book, I'll download it. As an install document, the
document attempts to cover way too much territory. That's about as kind =
as I
can be.=20

Larry Autry
larry.autry@charter.net