gentoo

Thierry de Coulon yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Mar 22 22:54:01 2004

On Tuesday 23 March 2004 00:30, Larry Autry wrote:
> It only took a glance at the Gentoo install doc to help me decide not to
> install Gentoo. The document does not read like an install guide as does
> the YDL install doc. It reads more like a reference book than a how-to.  If
> I need a reference book, I'll download it. As an install document, the
> document attempts to cover way too much territory. That's about as kind as
> I can be.

The point is: you'll need that reference book to install Gentoo (which I did
on the PC but not on the Mac). I did it mostly to get a better understanding
in how Linux works.

Gentoo is not in the same league as YDL. It's clearly a distribution for
Geeks.

Thierry

--
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not
sure about the former" - Albert Einstein