gentoo

Phil Darling yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Mar 23 08:45:02 2004

Gentoo is an install to test patience.  I ran it for a while, as all
the guys at work love it, and idea of doing everything from source is
appealing, but a lot of stuff or PPC is masked (which doesn't mean that
you can't install it, of course) and it really takes forever and a day.
  I gave debian testing a shot, had the net install ISO burned, the
install and config completed and fresh benh kernel compiled in less
time than it takes mozilla to compile on a gentoo box.  Id did learn a
few new things running gentoo, but won't run it again unless I have
several days with nothing better to do (which means it won't be
installed again). ;^)

Just my .02

Phil in MI