kdevelop, doxygen and kdelibs

Charles Trois yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Mar 24 03:23:01 2004

Hello!

I have undertaken something that is a bit difficult for me, but I might see
it through with a little help.

Starting from my YDL 3.0.1, I updated KDE using konstruct; that gave
KDE=A03.2.1. Then, following the instructions in README, I set some variables=
,
such as

export QTDIR=3D~/kde3.2.1

and a few others. Noticing that they were not set permanently in that way, =
also wrote them in .bash_profile: but was it the right thing to do?

After that, still using konstruct, I installed kdevelop-3.0.2 without
trouble.

However, there was this message in the log:

"You have no kdelibs documentation generated by Doxygen installed.
You should install Doxygen from www.doxygen.org, reconfigure
and rebuild the kdelibs sources. You should 'make apidox' and
'make install' in your kdelibs build dir, and then rerun this
configure script".

Wanting to get things quite right, I installed doxygen (there is an option
./configure=A0--with-doxywizard that is supposed to produce a GUI,  but it
gave an error and I left it aside).

My next step was to download the kdelibs sources and try ./configure: that
is where it went wrong, because Qt was "not found".

Obviously, that means that some variable does not point to the right place
(the QTDIR thing above?), but I am a bit confused because the Qt include an=
lib directories are also found in /usr/lib, and the compile instructions fo=
doxygen seem to suggest these are the ones to use.

I should be grateful for some enlightenment about all this.

Charles