KDE Time and Mouse Buttons

Clinton MacDonald yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Mar 25 10:55:01 2004

Ed:

Ed Sutherland wrote:
> 1) How do I enable mouse-button emulation in KDE? (it's enabled in the
> kernel.)

What do you mean, do you want to create a key or key combination that
emulates the right-click and middle-click functions, or do you want to
enable the Linux feature called something like "emulate three-button mouse"?

The first feature is a Mac-only feature, allowing one to configure one's
favorite key combination as right- or middle-click. By default, these
keys are F12 and F11 on a standard keyboard. I recommend changing them
to your liking (on a PowerBook keyboard which has a special "fn" key, I
chose fn-command for right-click and fn-option for middle-click).
Changing this feature is *NOT* described accurately on the YDL Web site,
so check out how I changed it:

<http://lists.terrasoftsolutions.com/pipermail/yellowdog-newbie/2003-August/004302.html>

The second feature is one of the choices one is offered on installation,
and is (I think) designed to allow a two-button mouse to emulate a
three-button mouse by clicking both buttons at once. You can turn on
that feature in the KDE Control Panel that configures mice.

Have fun!

Best wishes,
Clint