{SERIOUSLY OFF TOPIC !} For all you "old dogs"

Dan Kahmann yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Mar 25 22:51:01 2004

------=_NextPart_84815C5ABAF209EF376268C8

Just had the pleasure of playing with a Laser 310 Color Computer - what a treat to get to go back in time for a bit ... the thing was only $4.00 at the thrift store - couldn't pass it up.... but it took me back to the good ole' days with the "trash 80" ...... but something poked my curiosity - in the box with the computer was a card that
loaded a different sys when plugged into the rear port...
the system is called "maser ms ver 3.11"
Of course , with no instructions available all I could do was push buttons and see what response I got ... after getting a response it appeared that this is some kind of debugger, as it allowed direct access to the cpu registers (which ,incidentally, only vaguely resembled any registers I was used to ?) So i did a web search which revealed nothing about what this card is or was ...It was manufactured by Charm Electronics, and that's all I know.... any of you old dogs remember these things ?

Dan Kahmann
dkah197@earthlink.net
Why Wait? Move to EarthLink.
------=_NextPart_84815C5ABAF209EF376268C8

<HTML style="FONT-SIZE: x-small; FONT-FAMILY: MS Sans Serif"><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=windows-1251">
<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2800.1400" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<P>
<DIV>Just had the pleasure of playing with a Laser 310 Color Computer - what a treat to get to go back in time for a bit ... the thing was only $4.00 at the thrift store - couldn't pass it up.... but it took me back to the good ole' days with the "trash 80" ...... but something poked my curiosity - in the box with the computer was a card that </DIV>
<DIV>loaded a different sys when plugged into the rear port... </DIV>
<DIV>the system is called "maser ms ver 3.11" </DIV>
<DIV>Of course , with no instructions available all I could do was push buttons and see what response I got ... after getting a response it appeared that this is some kind of debugger, as it allowed direct access to the cpu registers (which ,incidentally, only vaguely resembled any registers I was used to ?) So i did a web search which revealed nothing about what this card is or was ...It was manufactured by Charm Electronics, and that's all I know.... any of you old dogs remember these things ?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Dan Kahmann</DIV>
<DIV><A href="mailto:dkah197@earthlink.net">dkah197@earthlink.net</A></DIV>