distcc and cross compiling

Matsur Akaklal yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Mar 26 06:11:01 2004

Hi all,

This was originally posted to yellowdog-newbie, but I was told it would
be more appropriate here.

I've compiled and installed distcc on a 7600 running YDL and an eMac
running OS X, to try and compile stuff for the 7600 in less than a
lifetime. Now the question: how do I compile a copy of gcc on the OS X
box to allow me to cross compile stuff for the 7600? I have downloaded
the gcc 3.2.2 source, which I assume I'll need because that is what gcc
--version outputs on the YDL box. What ./configure flags do I need? Any
caveats or pitfalls particular to YDL that I should be aware of?

Thanks for any help in advance,
Matsur