ATI Rage 128 Pro (YDL3.0.1)

Gavin Hemphill yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Mar 26 16:59:01 2004

Well, It depends on which version of 3.0.1 you've downloaded.  If its
the 20031118 or earlier version then there are one set of instructions,
if its the 20040204 version then there's a different set.  At any rate
you need to get the display working without starting X first.  I've a G4
500 with the 23" Apple Studio display which is working just fine so it
can be done.  You may have to boot off the CD in rescue mode and edit
the /etc/inittab file to switch to run level 3 for the first step but
you don't say if you chose X or a terminal window during the install.
	G++