Linux Mandrake 8.2

Jim yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Mar 29 04:50:02 2004

Hi everyone

I was just wondering if anyone had ideas on this

Awhile back I installed Linux Mandrake 8.2 on one of my drives,it
installed fine,when it got to where it had to setup my video,it asked me
if I wanted hardware acceleration enabled? of course I said yes.
After the installation I ran Mandrake 8.2 and man everything was alot
snappier,my windows came up alot faster.
Also I had alot more resolutions to choose from on mandrake,where I can
only choose 2 in YDL 3.0.
I could also play tuxracer fine in mandrake but in yellowdog it was too
jerky.

So I wonder if I should just stick with Mandrake 8.2 on my oldworld Mac
8600?
I know Mandrake 8.2 is a little outdated,but why does it run so good on
my computer? Was that OS optimized for my kind of machine?
What do you think?
Jim

--
                Linux