Help Needed Configuring HP Printer

Cynthia Croy yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Mar 29 10:25:02 2004

Eric-

I was waiting to see if anyone else had some input on this since it has
been several months - maybe even a year - since I've done anything with
cups. Maybe you've figured it out on your own by now. But I'll make some
guesses based on what I know about my system (it's a PowerBase).

Your type of port would be serial - the convention is for the modem to
be ttyS0 and the printer to be ttyS1.

I'm not sure about the location. It might be 127.0.0.1.

The type of connection is local since you're not on a network.

Does your printer use Appletalk in Mac OS? If it does, you may have a
more complicated problem than I can help you with.

Good Luck-
Cindy