Firefox Compile Problem

Adam Muthard yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Mar 30 16:43:01 2004

I am trying to install Firefox on my Powerbook G4 (Ydl 3.01 or something). Anyway I can configure the file fine but when I make the file I get an error...

checking for GTK - version >= 1.2.0... no
*** The gtk-config script installed by GTK could not be found.
*** If GTK was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
*** your path, or set the GTK_CONFIG environment variable to the
*** full path to gtk-config.
*** GTK+ is available from ftp://ftp.gtk.org/pub/gtk
configure: error: Test for GTK failed.

Easy fix right, you should just have to install that library. Well not really, I have tryed to install that library 5 times now, installing the library different ways (root for all, then users for all, then root for some and user for others).

What can I do to install firefox...this is getting really old.

Thanks for your help

Adam