yellowdog-general digest, Vol 1 #1466 - 8 msgs

Derick Centeno yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat May 1 10:56:00 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-30 at 14:01,
yellowdog-general-request@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com wrote:

> --__--__--
>
> Message: 2
> From: Ed Sutherland <digital@twcny.rr.com>
> To: yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
> Subject: Gnome Sound Solved
> Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 12:38:06 -0400
>
> I discovered by googling that KDE use the aRTS server, but Gnome uses the OSS
> driver for sound output. I switched those and now have sound. Great - I'm now
> listening to Mozart's Flute Concerto No. 1 in G. :)
>
> Ed
>
> --__--__--

Congrats on solving the problem so quickly.  Try listening to Mozart
using XMMS with the Blur Scope and OpenGL Spectrum analyzer enabled,
turn out the lights and feast your senses.  Of course, a Hi Def wall
sized digital screen would be wonderful but I think you'll enjoy seeing
what visuals the music you listen to creates on the screen or screens
you have.

It is possible you may also enjoy:
The Planets by Gustav Holst
Played by The London Philharmonic Orchestra, Sir Georg Solti, Conductor
The Decca Record Co., London 414567-2