Firebird browser... Where can I get a YDL compatible version?

Andrew yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed May 5 13:37:00 2004

On Wed, 2004-05-05 at 07:45, Geert Janssens wrote:

> >>No, because it is not. :-)
> >

> > There's one super-mega-hyper-uber-groovy reason to use konqy: fish
> >
> > If you have an account on another machine and have ssh access to it you can
> > do:
> >
> >   fish://remotehost/dir1/dir2
> >
> > and konqy will ask for your remote system password, open an ssh tunnel and
> > list the directory for you.
>
> This is a very nice trick indeed. Sure worth keeping Konqueror for.
>
> But this is not a strength of Konqueror as a web browser, but rather a
> surplus for using Konqueror as a file manager.
>
> I also believe Konqueror is a very good file manager, but (at present) a
> mediocre web browser.
>
> Personally I use Mozilla for now, although I'm planning to move to the
> Firefox/Thunderbird combination as soon as I have some time to actually
> install and configure it.

	My suggestion for a web browser and eMail client and chat (IRC capable)
and contacts and downloads and multi-search-engine searches? Opera 7.5b1
<www.opera.com> Im using version 7.50 for Linux Beta 1 'rpm QT static'.
The latest stable is 7.23 but this 'stable' version tend to stop working
after three or four page visited. Im clueless about this issue. Not a
bug/weirdo thingy so far with 7.50b1 that I am using for a week or so..
Its FAST as f*ck and is theme capable, use pretty low resources. I kinda
loved Firefox over Mozilla... until I installed Opera7.5. Now im in 7th
heaven!

	As for the down sides, the 'free' version put some 'revelent google
ads' on top of the screen. They are not using too much rooms so im fine
with it and they are actually usefull ads... For the ad-less version
you'll have to drop USD 29.25.. heh, perfection is really just a
fantasy... The mail section could be better... so I sticked to
Evolution/KMail combo.

I invite all of you to give it a try!
-Andrew