Firefox 0.8

Douglas Denholm yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed May 5 15:16:01 2004

The downloaded rpm worked for me... Once I figured out the difference
between a binary and a src rpm ;).

I installed it using:

rpm -ivh filename

I don't think the fact that the site is German is relevant. My YDL is a
clean 3.0.1 install using the CD ISO images which I downloaded from
TerroSoft. And I nicht sprekenzie deutsche (Sorry about the misspelling if
there are any real German speakers out there! ;)

FIrefox came up fine after I installed it.

I have found some idiosyncrasies in the standard install (on a Beige G3, 233
MHz, oldworld). For example, the version of Mozilla it came with never
worked... That's why I was wanting to install Firefox. I was presented with
a choice of *debugging* Mozilla, which is a perfectly OK browser (I use it
on OS X and WinXP all the time) but which has all sorts of bells and
whistles I don't want... Or just zapping it and installing Firefox.

I have seen messages on the newsgroups indicating that other folks had
*exactly* the same problem with mozilla on YDL that I did... Although,
obviously, a lot of folks have mozilla working fine on YDL. Perhaps the
particular Mac model one is using makes a difference.

--Doug