I can't believe it....

Stefan Bruda yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed May 5 21:23:01 2004

At 22:12 -0400 on 2004-5-5 Robert Lyons wrote:

 > I had some real problems installing a package that is very
 > important to me (sword /gnomesword), and that is what got all of
 > this going. For what I would be using that system for, If I could
 > get that software going, I would probably be fine...

sword is ~ppc (ppc development) on Gentoo and builds and installs fine
on my system (I don't know how to use it so I would not know whether
it actually works though this is highly probable).  http://rpmfind.net
does not return any PPC hit for it (though there are some SRC RPMs for
Mandrake--they may or may not build on YDL).  As for gnomesword I
cannot find any PPC package whatsoever (ebuild or RPM), so I guess you
will have to compile from sources by hand no matter what you use (and
then inject it in the portage tree on Gentoo to keep your dependencies
sane--do that on an RPM-based system).

Stefan

--
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as
it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.