OT: Gentoo Q's

peter yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed May 5 22:00:01 2004

i'm thinking about trying out Gentoo on my powercenter, and i had a
couple questions for those of you who've tried it. the main question i
have is how much faster is gentoo in comparison to YDL? i'm running my
powercenter with stock hardware, no processor upgrades or extra RAM or
anything, and while the performance in YDL is usable, it leaves a bit
to be desired. also, i can't find much information about requirements
for hard drive space. as it stands i only have a 2.4GB drive and only
about 200MB is free on my YDL installation.

thanks,
peter