MOL ROM for New World OS on Old World Mac's

Eric Schwarzkopf yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu May 6 06:22:01 2004

Okay like I said I have both "TomeVeiwer", and the "Mac OS ROM Update
1.0.smi" (as well as "Ethernet Update 1.0.smi" that is there for
downloading) files in the same folder (download folder), but "TomeVeiwer"
doesn't see anything at all in that folder except another folder I have in
that folder... I'm assuming that you have system similar to my system and
have actually done this.
I've read the user guide on http://www.maconlinux.org and I haven't seen
anything that specifically address my type of Macintosh computer (OLD WORLD
- using BootX, running NEW WORLD OS 9.x) everything I've noticed has been
either all OLD WORLD, or ALL NEW WORLD, not the hybrid type of system that I
have using YDL 2.3. Since it appears that know one has any real successes in
using MOL on my type of system, I might as well give up.... And please don't
tell me that if I re-install OS 9 while running MOL everything will be fine,
because how am I supposed to be able to re-install my OS 9 while in MOL,
when I can't get MOL to work right in the first place because it said I need
the correct OLD WORLD ROM installed on my computer!