Palm install

Clinton MacDonald yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat May 8 08:23:00 2004

Mr. Didier:

Steven Didier wrote:
> I use a Palm Tungsten T for my pda on the Mac. So I thought I’d give
> Kpilot and/or the Gnome application a go. Unfortunately I can’t get
> the os to recognize the hot sync cradle much less the Palm device.
>
> Any thoughts?

I don't know whether you've had any response to your question. I have
not tried to sync my Sony Clié with my Wallstreet running Yellow Dog
Linux, but I did try to sync once with Mandrake on a PC. If I recall
correctly (you can take it from my hazy recollection, that the
experiment was not wildly successful), that I got information to flow
from the Clié to the PC one time, then it never worked again. At that, I
don't think I got more than a few contacts to sync.

Probably not what you wanted to hear. :-(

One thing that worked much better was to export my contacts from iCal to
a .vcf file. I transfered that file to my YDL box, changed the line
endings from Mac to Unix, and was able to import those to the PIM
(kpilot, I think -- I am not at my Wallstreet right now). I hope that
works for you.

Best wishes,
Clint