Running Sonnet L2 G3 upgrade extentsion before BootX

Kenneth Browne yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon May 10 20:28:01 2004

Halvor wrote:

>Hi, as usually when I reply on this list I do not have all the details here,
>but I have used the same G3 upgrade on a 9500 where instead of using sonnets
>system extension I used powerlogix“s profiler software
>This one I think:
>http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/6818
>Or this one
>http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/2691

So you're running the Sonnet card with a different driver/extension? I
take it that Powerlogix sells a comparable productor writes software for
processor upgrades???

>Which cooperates with bootx on the cache setting
>
>Or something along those lines, maybe sort of..... It worked fine though
>
>halvor

by "works fine" do you mean that your G3 upgrade loads before BootX
(making the processor available to Linux) AND then BootX gets you into
YDL???

>On 5/4/04 11:22 AM, "Kenneth Browne" <kbrowne@alumni.umass.edu> wrote:
>

>>I've tried a number of suggestions and got one to work...sort of....
>>Using the free Apple utility Resedit I changed the file type of the
>>Sonnet extension and renamed the Sonnet and BootX extensions as follows

Well, I've kind of solved the problem anyway...got a G4-400 tower from a
friend who just bought a G5 :-) but since I still have two of the 5500's
I'd kind of like to get them functioning as dual boot OS9.2  and YDL 3.0
with the G3 working in each one, so I'll probably try the Powerlogix
idea.  Could be that your solution will work on a 9500 but not the
all-in-one 5500.

--
clacking the keys in Old Sturbridge Village, MA