AsanteTalk Bridge

webkiosk yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue May 11 13:57:01 2004

The way I get this to work is by printing to another computer on the lan that
supports appletalk using http printing via cups.

So, I set up a MacOS X machine, say 192.168.10.1, via appletalk and make that
the default printer.

Then in cups (172.0.0.1:631), select "manage printers" then "add printer"
You'll be asked to give it a name, location and description.
next you select a device ... select "internet printing protocol (http)"

Next, provide the Device URI, for example:
http://192.168.10.1:631/printers/printer_attached_to_asanteTalk_Bridge

--Ted