sonnet L2/G3 in 6500 powermac

Kenneth Browne yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed May 12 22:15:01 2004

David C. Hacker, DVM wrote:

> The stock kernel should work fine.  You might try using yum to update
> to the 2.4.22-2g k
> (701) 843-8179
> On May 12, 2004, at 3:22 PM, Richard.Gill@math.uu.nl wrote:
>
>> David (thanks):

Before going too much further, try the Terrasoft website. In the
supported hardware section they point out that 'daughter cards' (read
L2-G3 upgrade cards) may function intermittently. I gave up on getting
the g3 to work. I'd made up my mind to get a native G3 machine when a
friend bought a new G5 and sold me his "old" G4 tower for a song! Now
I'm on my way! OSX and 9 running, with virtual PC on the Classic side.
Next up: a double Linux installation on second hard disk...YDL and
MandrakePPC. Five OS's on one machine!

--
clacking the keys in Old Sturbridge Village, MA