BootX 1.2.3 (and G3 upgrade)

yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri May 14 13:16:01 2004

Does anyone have a copy of BootX 1.2.3?

The last official version is 1.2.2.
However it seems that YDL 2 shipped with a
custom BootX called 1.2.3. It was later
down-graded to the standard 1.2.2, which you
can find for instance in YDL 2.3. However
I read that someone had success with Sonnet L2/G3
using that version of BootX and no other...!

[still trying to get my 500 MHz G3 upgrade of a
6500/275 to work under linux - the problem seems
almost certainly to be BootX. BootX is a software
hack - soft booting linux from OS 9 - and the L2/G3
is a hardware hack, since after the upgrade one has
TWO cpu's, both in working order, and one of them
is not in the usual place...  So probably this is a
lost cause. But I rather like lost causes... ]

Richard Gill

http://www.math.uu.nl/people/gill