Cannot change volume in xmms

Clinton MacDonald yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat May 15 14:47:01 2004

Andrew:

Andrew wrote:

>>> Sure, click 'Configure' button under the Output Plugin then
>>> click the'Mixer' tab and make sure the 'Volume controls
>>> Master not PCM' is checked.
>>
>> Darn! That did nothing. Any other ideas?
>
> Double darn! How is your input plugin configured?

Not much to report there. My Input plugins are listed as:

AudioCD Reader 0.11d [libcdread.so]
CD Audio Player 1.2.7 [libcdaudio.so]
Id Software .cin player 1.2.7 [libidcin.so]
MikMod Player 1.2.7 [libmikmod.so]
MPEG Layer 1/2/3 Player 1.2.7 [libmpg123.so]
Ogg Vorbis Player 1.2.7 [libvorbis.so]
Tone Generator 1.2.7 [libtonegen.so]
Wave Player 1.2.7 [libwav.so]

The only one that seems mildly relevant is MPEG Layer Player;
configuration of that only mentions channels (stereo versus mono),
sampling (44 kHz, etc.), and the like.

My workarounds using the equalizer are okay for now, but not very
satisfying. I cannot imagine that xmms was designed to work this way.

Poop!

Best wishes,
Clint