Cannot change volume in xmms

Andrew yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat May 15 15:16:01 2004

On Sat, 2004-05-15 at 16:46, Clinton MacDonald wrote:
> Andrew:
>
> Andrew wrote:

> >> Darn! That did nothing. Any other ideas?
> >
> > Double darn! How is your input plugin configured?
>
> Not much to report there. My Input plugins are listed as:
>
> AudioCD Reader 0.11d [libcdread.so]
> CD Audio Player 1.2.7 [libcdaudio.so]
> Id Software .cin player 1.2.7 [libidcin.so]
> MikMod Player 1.2.7 [libmikmod.so]
> MPEG Layer 1/2/3 Player 1.2.7 [libmpg123.so]
> Ogg Vorbis Player 1.2.7 [libvorbis.so]
> Tone Generator 1.2.7 [libtonegen.so]
> Wave Player 1.2.7 [libwav.so]
>
> The only one that seems mildly relevant is MPEG Layer Player;
> configuration of that only mentions channels (stereo versus mono),
> sampling (44 kHz, etc.), and the like.
>
> My workarounds using the equalizer are okay for now, but not very
> satisfying. I cannot imagine that xmms was designed to work this way.
>
> Poop!

ok, disable CD Audio Player then configure AudioCD Reader to use Digital
audio extraction (im not quite sure of the exact naming...)

What I really need to know is what options are set into the input plugin
configuration box.. With these infos provided I'll be able to give you
more specific help as this problem may not be XMMS's fault. Some
Macintosh are missing a important cable used for audio cds..