AbiWord fonts all messed up

Clinton MacDonald yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat May 15 16:11:02 2004

Friends:

Darn! I was just starting to really like AbiWord 1.0.2, and then this
happened: all the fonts are effed up. When I start up AbiWord or create
a new document, all letters look like "Q" or a weird accented "Y." If I
type a phrase, every letter emerges as two or three Qs. Even the status
bar at the bottom of the window is weird (the accented Y). Has anyone
encountered this before?

This one is so odd, that I cannot even begin to imagine what I could
have been messing with to achieve the effect. :-) I am guessing
something about Unicode might be amiss, but I am totally making that up.

Thanks!

Best wishes,
Clint