Red Hat

Derick Centeno yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat May 15 15:21:01 2004

Hi Gang:
I found an interesting article regarding Red Hat which I thought the
users of the list could benefit
reading about.  The link follows:

There is no way to turn morality into a weapon of enslavement except by
divorcing it from
man's reason and from the goals of his own existence. ...when it is set
to oppose his own life and mind, it makes him turn against himself and
blindly act as the tool of his own destruction.
There is no way to make a human being accept the role of a sacrificial
animal except by destroying his self-esteem.  There is no way to destroy
his self-esteem except by making him reject his own consciousness.
There is no way to make him reject his own consciousness except by
convincing him of its impotence.
-- Ayn Rand, "For the New Intellectual"

Better to die on one's feet than to live on one's kness.
--Dolores Ibarruri, 1936

Intellectual freedom cannot exist without political freedom; political
freedom cannot exist without economic freedom; a free mind and a free
market are corollaries.
-- Ayn Rand, "For the New Intellectual"

Life only demands from you the strength you possess.  Only one feat is
possible --
not to have run away.
-- Dag Hammarskjold (July 29, 1905 - September 18, 1961)

Be well...