Modules in 2.6.6 kernel

"Kouzmenko Serguei" yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon May 17 07:14:01 2004

Hi !

I have some problem when try to work with kernel 2.6.6 under YDL 3.0.1 on PowerBook Titanium G4/800. I build it under YDL 3.0.1 kernel
2.4.22-2g after change MKINITRD 3.5.8-2a, MAKE 3.80, MODULE-INIT-TOOLS-3.0, build without problem with LOADABLE MODULES
support, BUT when I start system I saw message:

modprobe: QM_MODULES : Function not implemented

And after start I find out that no one module loaded during start of system ( no modules at all LSMOD ), but I can load any of them using:
MODEPROBE name of module
After it LSMOD show modules
What and where I shell do for resolve this problem ?
Also interesting question for me. Why I can build new 2.6.6 kernel only after loading config file to MAKE MENUCONFIG from
/linux-2.6.6/arch/ppc/configs/pmac_defcofig
When I build kernel without this file ( default configuration ) - system don't BOOT at all !!! Why ?
PLZ any sugestion.

Serguei