Modules in 2.6.6 kernel

Krischan yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon May 17 13:27:01 2004

Hello Serguei,

I ran across the same behavior with 2.6.5 and endet up to compile most
of the stuff I need directly in the kernel (not as module) - except for
the fire wire stuff. I think I need to load them by hand anyway since
there needs to be a pause beween loading "ohci1394" and "sbp2" for an
externel drive. When I load both modules in a row wo a pause I get
error messages. That is probably due to a interrupted initialisation.

So how does automatic module loading work? Any ideas where to look?

Krischan