Airport Extreme detection on PowerBook G4 1.25GHz

Marcelo Giles yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon May 17 14:18:00 2004

Hello,

For what I saw here in the list in past threads, you have two options,
depending on the PowerBook model that you bought.

If you own a 15 or a 17 inch PB, you can get a PCMCIA wireless card
(most likely an Orinoco) compatible with the 811.b standard (11 Mbits)
and use it to connect to your access point (Airport Base Station,
Airport Extreme Base Station or a Linksys wireless router, for instance)

http://www.proxim.com/products/wifi/client/

But if you happen to own a 12 inch PB, you'll have to resort to a USB
(external) wireless adapter, like the Linksys

http://www.linksys.com/products/

Good luck!