Powerbook and boot from CD problem

Jason Warm yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon May 17 15:04:02 2004

Andrew - Thanks much, you are a god send!  I had one friend (who shall
remain nameless) who told me the PowerBook G3 was a NewWorld Mac.  I
have been burning CD after CD thinking I was doing something wrong, my
OS X CD and OS 9 cd would boot fine!  The steps you gave me worked like
a charm.  That is till I got to the part about partitioning the drive.
My original plan was to have no Mac OS at all.  I was going to use
Druid to wipe it out and create only linux parts which obviously I
can't do if this is old world.  So now I just have to wait until I get
home so I can hip out OS 9 again and reformat the drive so Mac OS only
has like 1 Gig (leaving 9 for linux).

Thanks again for the help,
Jason