Mouse Emulation

Clinton MacDonald yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu May 20 17:54:00 2004

Mr. Warm:

Jason Warm wrote:
> Very in depth look at a simple issue, least it seems that way to
> me. The instructions at the end were perfect and did the trick

Great -- I'm glad it was helpful (eventually...).

> but the article seems tailored much more for a mid to advanced level
> linux user. From a newbie point of view its as simple as the file the
> YDL help says to edit doesn't work, would trim it down (least if the newbie
> is your target) to here is the correct file to edit and here is how you
> edit it.

You're right -- the article is overly chatty and not well organized. I
knew that when I posted it, because it is mostly copied from some posts
on this and the Yellow Dog Newbie lists. I also take from your comments
that it is aimed slightly too high for a newbie, which may be true.
Better organization might make the information more accessible to
everyone (hey -- it was my first FAQ!). I will take some time to edit it
soon.

By the way, I want to take this time to thank Bill Longman for setting
up this site (still in "alpha") and his company for letting us share
some of its bandwidth (I am sure there will be an official announcement
from Bill soon!).

Best wishes,
Clint