WAY OT

mascarasnake yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun May 23 00:36:01 2004

Dr. Clint -

> By the way, although I cannot speak for Bill, I would not be surprised
> if he would be happy to have you (or any other Yellow Dog mailing
> listers) contribute to the growing FAQ (in fact -- no pun intended --
> I thought you were already on board). Contact Bill directly
> <mailto:longman AT sharplabs DOT com> for a username and password.

I've been meaning to drop Longman a line to join up, but...
There's an old college buddy of mine that has a blog that yells at me
every once in a while for not posting there. Could be a personality
flaw :)

> Is this a trick question? ;-) Do you really have only 80 MB of RAM?
> That would be the *major* reason for the molasses. Otherwise, Fedora
> (or, at least, the Red Hat distribution that preceded it) is the bog
> standard distribution of PC Linux. I would be surprised if it had not
> been pretty heavily bug tested by "the Bazaar."

yup. It's mostly an old Compaq Deskpro (at least the motherboard is).
The chick I volunteer for teaches the elderly about the internet and
they work purely on donations. She pays me in pieces parts, letting me
scrounge around, so I've mostly put this box together for nada. I've
been loathe to invest any money because <chuckle>, well , it's a
PC.</chuckle>

I'll holler at longman some time this weekend to see if he'll have me.
The FAQ was the first place I started looking this morning - shows what
kinda site it will become. Mayhaps, as I learn more about this
networking thingy, I can toss some ideas there. By the time I really
found some useful info that wasn't telling me what I already knew, or
was way over my head, my brain was mush. I'll start anew in the mornin'

The layout is excellent, by the by. Already setup for the expansion
that it will be needing. Sweet

See ya on the list

	It's what you make it man
	Takes time