Can't install YDL 3.0 on a Nubus PowerPC 7100

Tobias Bohlin yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue May 25 04:04:02 2004

--Apple-Mail-9--201988518

Hi!

Thank you all for valuable help.

Could you be so kind to point to a install manual somewhere? I tried
http://www.clivemenzies.co.uk/nubus_woody.htm

I put the Debian kernel as adviced in the extensions folder

when I get the MKLinux boot / splash screen, I choose linux, then it
hangs.

Step 3:

  # RAMDisk Debian Installer
  rootdev=/dev/ram
  # mach_options= keyboard_sends_linux_keycodes=1

strikes me as strange.

Moreover, I'd like to have only Linux on the machine, no Mac OS
partition, just 1 partition. Possible?

Where can I find the proper CD image to download and burn?
Finally, if you please recommend the proper version of Linux to use. I
supposed I can use an old one, just running DNS on it. I need no
graphics environment.

Regards,

Tobias

2004-05-25 kl. 09.56 skrev Atro TOssavainen:

> Tobias,
>
>> Thanks, I will try Linux/PPC. Will I be able to make it a DNS server
>> then I wonder?
>
> Most certainly.
>
> I had a complete install of Debian running on a 6100/60 once.  It
> wasn't
> all that enjoyable because it was so damn slow, but it worked
> nonetheless.
>
> --
> Atro Tossavainen (Mr.)               / The Institute of Biotechnology
> at
> Systems Analyst, Techno-Amish &     / the University of Helsinki,
> Finland,
> +358-9-19158939  UNIX Dinosaur     / employs me, but my opinions are
> my own.
> ATTACHMENTS

--Apple-Mail-9--201988518

Hi!

Thank you all for valuable help.

Could you be so kind to point to a install manual somewhere? I tried

http://www.clivemenzies.co.uk/nubus_woody.htm

I put the Debian kernel as adviced in the extensions folder

when I get the MKLinux boot / splash screen, I choose linux, then it
hangs.

Step 3:

 rootdev=/dev/ram

 # mach_options= keyboard_sends_linux_keycodes=1

strikes me as strange.

Moreover, I'd like to have only Linux on the machine, no Mac OS
partition, just 1 partition. Possible?

Where can I find the proper CD image to download and burn?

Finally, if you please recommend the proper version of Linux to use. I
supposed I can use an old one, just running DNS on it. I need no
graphics environment.</fontfamily>

Regards,

Tobias

<excerpt>Thanks, I will try Linux/PPC. Will I be able to make it a DNS
server

then I wonder?

</excerpt>