Progress with the PowerPC 7100 Nubus!

Tobias Bohlin yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue May 25 19:14:41 2004

Hi!

I put the YDL 3.0 kernel in the extensions folder. I had previously not
unzipped it correctly, therefore it hang.

Now I get into the installer which looks like red hat linux to me. No
idea what to answer these two questions:

1. Do you have a driver's disk?

To me it sounds like PC stuff, so I did no.

2. Do you want to add additional devices.

Well, I suppose not.
I chose no and lots of white text appears on a black background. Among
other things I get:
Oops, kernel access of bad area.
kernel stack overflow in process #.

NB. I haven't partitioned the hard disk. I want to have only 1 Linux
partition, perhaps not possible. I am hoping, perhaps incorrectly, I
can partition during install, like when installing Red Hat on a PC?

Regarding additional devices, am I supposed to install network and SCSI
support from some kind of driver CD? This machine ain't got a floppy
drive.

Cheers

Tobias