Clone/image YDL system?

Heath Henderson yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri May 28 08:15:02 2004

Built a YDL 3.01 system on a G3 BW 450.

Trying to figure out how I can duplicate the system across three other
machines to get an identical setup without having to install on all the
other three systems?

I have two IDE drives in each system.  Systems are identical.  I just
want to "image" the one system and lay it down on the other three
machines?

Any thoughts on this one.  It is rather frustrating as I have several
X86 machines I can use Mondo-Restore with to great success in
duplicating systems.

Heath Henderson
Assistant Technology Administrator
McLean County Unit 5 Schools
Normal, IL 61761

>>> rbthomas55@pobox.com 5/27/2004 6:31:48 PM >>>
I'd be surprised if you couldn't run YDL-4 on an OldWorld machine.
The worst that I can imagine happening is that you would have to
build your own kernel (or download it from somebody else who built
it) and boot it with BootX that is freely available on the web, if
not on the YDL-4 CDs.  So far as I know, BenH hasn't announced
plans to drop support of OldWorld hardware.  And the utilities are
all fairly system independent.

Rick

On Wednesday, May 26, 2004, at 07:23 PM, sloopy wrote:

> Yes they said at the posting of the YDL roadmap that Old World
machines
> will not be supported... i have talked with a TSS/YDL employee about
> this, and it is true but YDL4 'should' work on OW machines, its just
> that bootx and quik will not be included in the official release,
> and no
> support will be given...
>
> ok the bad news is over...
>
> on to the good news...
>
> i will be working on makeing a how-to on installing YDL4 on Old
World