Kde 3.3 Alpha on YDL 3.0 Success

Andrew yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon May 31 18:27:00 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-31 at 19:09, Patrick Smith wrote:
> Andrew wrote:
> >  Is there a way to change the 'nice' setting on a process that is
> > already running? I would push it some more.
>
> man renice

Magnificent!  According to top, there is several programs involved into
'make install'. I've seen 'ld', 'cc1plus', 'make', 'uic', 'as' and a
couple others that don't seam to show up anymore. I guess there is a way
to change nice value to multiple PID at once.  Unfortunately, these man
pages mean headache to me as I can't quite understand the way they are
written.... It's so cryptic to me.

 But Im glad I've learned a little about 'renice' as It allowed me
speed-up the computer some more: I raised 'X' priority to -5. It seam
that nice values goes from -20 (super-fast) to 20 (super-slow). WTF? ;)

Thanks Patrick!
-Andrew