Some questions

mascarasnake yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun May 30 21:32:01 2004

Hey Jason,

If you are unfamilar with compiling and are wanting an updated gaim to
run MSN, I wouldn't even attempt to compile it. It compiles easily and
works with AIM, but to get MSN support, it relies on mozilla's nss and
nspr security, which are not where the gaim source expects them to be.
It's a rather complicated thing to get it working.

Don't lose heart, tho. freshrpms actuall has 0.76 that has it all
figured out for us the easiest thing to do is add freshrpms repository
to your /etc/yum.conf file:

	[freshrpms YDL 3.0]
	name=Yellow Dog Linux 3.0 freshrpms
	baseurl=http://ayo.freshrpms.net/yellowdog/3.0/ppc/freshrpms