Which Hardware-Raid works ?

Gunnar von Boehn gunnar at greyhound-data.com
Mon Nov 1 03:38:30 MST 2004

Hi Atro,

On Nov 1, 2004, at 7:35 AM, Atro Tossavainen wrote:

>> I'm looking for a Hardware-Raid which works on PowerPC Linux.
>> I've tried the following SCSI Raid-controller but had some problems:
>>
>> DPT SmartRaid V Millennium
>> AMI MegaRaid 500 Express
>> ICP GDT 6118 RP
>
> What problems did you have specifically?

DPT Smartraid:
PPC Linux crashed when loading the module mod_i2o.

AMI MegaRAID:
The card was not visible at all. The system behaved as like the card
was not inserted at all.

ICP GDT 6118 RP
Could not get driver working but I only tested very little this one.

BTW: I uses PPC Linux on a Pegasos computer. http://www.genesi.lu/

I hope to get SCSI RAID working somehow. :-)
Are there raid-cards which are known to work on any PPC-computer/Mac ?

Cheers
Gunnar