YDL4--iBookG4, happy

P-O Blomstrand P-O.Blomstrand at odontologi.gu.se
Fri Nov 5 15:15:51 MST 2004

Jim!

Even happier! Sound works great now. xmms is playing Radio Paradise
while I type. Inspired by your success I downloaded and built
xmms-1.2.10 from source rpm. After installation all was well, except for
playing music CD's. To be able to do that I also had to download and
build the xmms-cdread plugin. Found a source rpm for Fedora
(xmms-cdread-0.14-0.fdr.4.a.1.src.rpm) which worked fine. The only thing
I miss now is the ability to play mp3 in Rhytmbox. Trying to build
gstreamer-plugins-mp3 turned out to be way above my level so hopefully
we can count on Matthias Saou for that.

Thanks! Happy playing!

/PO