Fedora Core 3

Ryan Nix rnix at prometheon.net
Thu Nov 11 08:44:06 MST 2004

It's awesome.

Gnome 2.8 is terrific and device support has improved quite a bit.  I
plugged my new Rio Carbon in and it automatically mounted on the desktop
like a USB hard drive!  Gnome 2.8 is now like SuSE's/MacOS 9ish so the
Bluecurve layout, which is like Windows, has now changed.  The only
thing I haven't figured out, is how to play DVDs with Xine or Mplayer.
/dev/cdrom and /dev/cdrom1 have changed now.

Matthias, thanks again for all your work on getting the repositories
ready for the release.

--
Ryan Nix
President