Fedora Core 3

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Thu Nov 11 08:58:31 MST 2004

Ryan Nix wrote :

> It's awesome.
>
> Gnome 2.8 is terrific and device support has improved quite a bit.  I
> plugged my new Rio Carbon in and it automatically mounted on the desktop
> like a USB hard drive!  Gnome 2.8 is now like SuSE's/MacOS 9ish so the
> Bluecurve layout, which is like Windows, has now changed.  The only
> thing I haven't figured out, is how to play DVDs with Xine or Mplayer.
> /dev/cdrom and /dev/cdrom1 have changed now.
>
> Matthias, thanks again for all your work on getting the repositories
> ready for the release.

...wrong list, or...? :-)
For the DVDs, I've checked on a clean install, and have a /dev/dvd symlink
pointing to hdc, which is correct and seems to have been done automatically
by udev upon the last boot. So basically it should "just work".

Matthias

Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg) - Linux kernel 2.6.9-1.667.radeonfb
Load : 0.39 0.35 0.36